Fonds F0046 - York University Dept. of Campus Planning fonds

Open original Digital object

Title proper

York University Dept. of Campus Planning fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

F0046

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Date(s)

  • 1959-1980 (Creation)
    Creator
    York University (Toronto, Ont.). Dept. of Campus Planning

Physical description

1.74 m of textual records

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Name of creator

(1959-1980)

Administrative history

The Department of Campus Planning, the forerunner of the Department of Facilities Planning and Management, was responsible for the planning and implementation of the physical environment of York University. The department had three major responsibilities. The first was the development of the Master Plan, which involved the selection of architects, liaison with municipal authorities for the provision of services to the campus, and co-operation with various building and planning committees on campus, including the Board of Governors Property and Building Committee and the Campus Planning Advisory Committee. The second was to provide background information to planners, architects and consultants with regard to space allocation, design, and services for the several campus buildings and facilities, both on the Glendon and main campuses. Finally, the department had to oversee the implementation of the Master Plan, and this work involved control over costs and schedules; work with outside consultants and project committees within the university; and liaison with the Department of Physical Plant. The department was renamed Facilities Planning and Management in 1980.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of the records of the Director's Office (1959-1967), including correspondence, development planning materials, plans, and reports concerning the early planning and development of the university.

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Final

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

2019/01/04. J. Grant. Creation.

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres